CRT Theatre Guild
Do you enjoy:
Attending live theatre? Making new friends? Supporting your community? Being part of a team? Sharing that wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you're involved in something GREAT?! If you answered YES to these questions, this is your chance to do ALL of them!
Join the Cortland Repertory Theater Guild!
Each year, our Guild commits to raising $24,000 for Cortland's "Gem of a Theatre" to help pay general operating expenses and for specific projects. As a "thank you" for all their hard work, Guild members are the first to see each Cortland Rep show on PREVIEW NIGHTS for FREE!
Just some of the ways the Guild supports the theatre include:
- Selling refreshments at both summer and winter productions:
- Serving refreshments at our Fall Fiber Festival, as well as assisting vendors and attendees;
- Hosting our annual Murder Mystery Dinner at CRT Downtown in March;
- Helping "open" the Little York Pavilion theatre in the spring - vacuum, clean and freshen the theatre from the winter, etc.;
- Helping "winterize" the theatre in the fall - cover seats, pack up lighting instruments, etc;
- Hosting our Welcome Picnic in May - a dish-to-pass picnic to meet and greet the summer actors, technical crew and interns;
- Providing "Strike Suppers" - make dinners for summer crew members on the final night of each play when they work overnight, "striking" (packing up) the previous show and loading in the new one;
- Helping publicize the CRT productions by distributing posters and flyers for all theatre related events;
- Soliciting ads for the playbill;
- Always having a welcoming smile and friendly word to our crew, visitors and supporters!
The CRT Guild meets on the third Tuesday evening of every month. For information on joining, please call our Administration Office at 607-753-6161.
Theatre Guild - as of November, 2015
Dianne Galutz, Co-President
Karen Holcomb, Co-President
Susan Prier, Vice President/Treasurer
Jackie Burke, Secretary
Sue Crane, Historian
John & Ellen Berry
Ray & Donna Franco
Rick & Fran Gysel
Valerie & Tyler Holcomb
Donna L. Johnson Brown
Peter & Lilli Krauklis
JoAnn Larney-Van Wicklen
John & Cathy O'Neill Spallone
Al & Laurie Pickerd
Tim & Peggy Riley
Fred & Helen Seyfried
Michael & Dotty Sills